Linux Controller CPU Status

This forum is dedicated to any questions about using RenderPal V2 under Linux and MacOSX.

Linux Controller CPU Status

Postby dreidrage » 03 Jul 2011, 10:27

So far we've tested 2 or 3 different linux builds including Ubuntu 10.10 and Centos 5.5. In all cases RenderPal does not report CPU usage through the controller UI. Is there a way to fix this?
dreidrage

Re: Linux Controller CPU Status

Postby olaf3de » 24 Apr 2012, 19:22

yes... We see same problem. RenderPal server can't see CPU process from the clients...Only ram and other info is update all the time.
olaf3de

Postby olaf3de » 25 Apr 2012, 19:43

Funny is that when we share by samba for example any folder in Ubuntu on the client machine,
and then we use this machine for rendering but not from RenderPal and this client is connected
to the server we can see the CPU usage...

When we do rendering by RenderPal server we don't see usage of CPU.
olaf3de

Postby olaf3de » 26 Apr 2012, 00:49

Ok as I say in other post I spend some 2 hours to do some test with RenderPal Client machine different configuration and so on...
I found that "If" You need ( of course that We all need :) CPU usage on RenderPal server You need to switch on any client (by remote from the server)
Process Priority option from default below to normal. And that's it. Now RenderPal server will see the CPU usage like on windows.
Remember one think that we have option to edit the value how often server will refresh any client each time...By default is 15 seconds.
It is ok for us. We have some 2 second delay but it is ok.

Cheers
Olaf

Now I render and have fun and peace!
olaf3de

Return to Linux & MacOSX