Path Maps with spaces

This forum is dedicated to any questions about using RenderPal V2 under Linux and MacOSX.

Path Maps with spaces

Postby actionbob » 14 Oct 2011, 22:16

We are currently evaluating RenderPal, as we are ready to move to a more complex render management system. We have a bunch of Macs that we would like to add to RenderPal. I got them connected no problem (everything seems really easy), but I am having troubles with the path maps.

Our network projects folder is called Projects Server - with a space. Mapped to drive V: on our windows systems.

When I do our mac path map I create this.
V: ---> /Volumes/Projects Server/

It seems to work good as the output gives me what "looks" correct.
/Volumes/Projects Server/Maya/scenes/test.mb

but it says it cannot find the file. So for testing I mounted the maya directory on the mac, and changed the v to /Volumes/Maya/
That worked!! -- however our server isnt set up to be like this, and there will somehow always be a space in the path - even beyond what I can set a path map to - also I am not a mac/unix guy so Im hoping its something simple.

p.s. - when i enter /Volumes/Projects\ Server/ --- it turns the \ into a /
actionbob

Re: Path Maps with spaces

Postby Shoran Support » 14 Oct 2011, 22:26

Please post the entire output as well. On a side note, spaces in paths are never a good idea in a network; you should refrain from using them - an underscore is a good replacement.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby actionbob » 14 Oct 2011, 22:58

I agree with the spaces thing, but sadly I am not in charge of that, so until I can change that, spaces will be there. :( Here is the outputs.

----Not Working----

=== _001shot_defaultRenderLayer, Chunk 1 - 10/14/11 14:01:02 ==============
Scene: /Volumes/Projects Server/Maya/scenes/test.mb
Section: Frames: 1.000 - 10.000, Region: Entire image
Renderer: mental ray for Maya/8.5+
=== Started ===============================================================

> "/Applications/Autodesk/maya2012/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render" -r mr -im "001shot" -s 1 -e 10 -cam "persp" -rd "/Volumes/Projects Server/Maya/images" -proj "/Volumes/Projects Server/Maya/" -rl "defaultRenderLayer" "/Volumes/Projects Server/Maya/scenes/test.mb"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting "/Applications/Autodesk/maya2012/Maya.app/Contents/bin/maya"

mental ray for Maya 2012
mental ray: version 3.9.1.36, Feb 2 2011, revision 138829
Error: File not found.:
Error: Cannot load scene "/Volumes/Projects Server/Maya/scenes/test.mb". Please check the scene name.

// Maya exited with status 209

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=== _001shot_defaultRenderLayer, Chunk 1 - 10/14/11 14:01:08 ==============
Duration: 5 sec
Result: Erroneous
Error: The renderer returned an error-code (0xD300)
=== Done ==================================================================

--Working-----
=== _TestDrive_defaultRenderLayer, Chunk 8 - 10/14/11 14:57:04 ===========
Scene: /Volumes/Maya/scenes/test.mb
Section: Frames: 2435.000 - 2444.000, Region: Entire image
Renderer: mental ray for Maya/8.5+
=== Started ===============================================================

> "/Applications/Autodesk/maya2012/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render" -r mr -im "TestDrive" -s 2435 -e 2444 -cam "persp" -rd "/Volumes/Maya/images" -proj "/Volumes/Maya/" -rl "defaultRenderLayer" "/Volumes/Maya/scenes/test.mb"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting "/Applications/Autodesk/maya2012/Maya.app/Contents/bin/maya"

mental ray for Maya 2012
mental ray: version 3.9.1.36, Feb 2 2011, revision 138829
File read in 1 seconds.
Result: /Volumes/Maya/scenes/test.mb
Warning: Found camera perspShape.
initMPS with licenseOption 0
mental ray: got 8 satellite CPUs.
Scene /Volumes/Maya/scenes/test.mb completed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=== _TestDrive_defaultRenderLayer, Chunk 8 - 10/14/11 14:57:59 ===========
Duration: 54 sec
Result: Finished
=== Done ==================================================================
actionbob

Postby Shoran Support » 14 Oct 2011, 23:11

The command-line looks fine, so either Maya can't handle the space there, or it can't access the scene. You should try to place a scene on that volume in a path without spaces and see if that works.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to Linux & MacOSX