we've encountered with some sort of encoding issue, while rendering a scene with 3ds max 2016.
Some chunks failed so we've tried to check output logs from RenderPal client for errors, if any, but it appears to be totally useless for us.
Here's the example line just to show what I mean by useless:
Code: Select all
11;M toe/u11P y p11EN:ll(dsl11;Ysu11 M 8Mpsdaey11Msm(rs11M rdta\a11P; M11 RL ct118 ldadlrae/sl11; N N11; AL \sa11NTLN 0rlderomL11EAL:gtn(/11EA11MNALdeyC 11PE 11RA 11ut1111M11;11Mad113311 cto011ME13O1 (:t11.2t11AYOR*Sro ti 11AY*RIG 11Y 0. 0Mps esnm 111MERL RF .59MBr ater11ALR: n113M;11RA11 LC .11 R11L R :J.8 g 0. rne sh1111: B08 MB 11M; Eog:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\3dsmaxcmd.exe" -v:5 -outputName:Y:/output/SunkenForest_2015.11.02/forest_right.jpg -width:2048 -height:1024 -start:1133 -end:1133 -frames:1133-1133 -rfw:0 "Y:/input/Sunken Forest - 03 - Right - 01-11-2015.max" >> c:\1134.log.txt
and no encoding issue has had been observed, however the chunk didn't fail either so we still don't know what caused the issue at the first place.
we've tried to setup characters encoding in max itself with "Customize > Preferences > File tab > File String Data Handling " menu entries by setting "Override language data specified in scene file" + "Save strings in legacy non-scene files using UTF8" + "Default Language = English" but output logs weren't affected .
May be someone can suggest a way to force utf encoding for output logs stored by RenderPal client, or how to decrypt the message sent to us be renderer.
I'll attach both corrupted 2015-11-02.0209.1134-01.output.log and valid 1134.log.txt logs in case somebody find some use for it.
It is on Win7 and the "Y:" is a windows network drive shared among the farm nodes.
Sometimes several chunks fail in a row on the same client, but restarting the service resolves issue. Still we'd like to know the root of it to prevent further fails.
Hope, with your help we would be able to resolve it.