multiple clients per machine

Post your messages that do not fit in the other rooms here.

multiple clients per machine

Postby Jedipottsy » 29 Aug 2012, 19:54

Hi, were looking to switch renderers. We currently use deadline, and have it setup to render different amounts per machine, such that machines with 64 cores render with 4 threads per image, 15 images a time. Machines with 24 threads run 4 threads per image, 5 images per time. How do i go about creating a similar setup with RenderPal.
Am i to understand that i select 4 parallel renderings per client, and run multiple clients per machine? How do i go about running multiple clients per machine?

Thanks
Jedipottsy

Re: multiple clients per machine

Postby Shoran Support » 29 Aug 2012, 20:46

Running multiple clients on a machine is pretty easy: Simply create another copy of the client directory and run the client executables in each copy. The clients (except for the first one) will tell you that the default listening port is already in use and will ask you to change it accordingly. In other words, to run multiple clients, create a copy for each and assign each client a different port.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby caseymcbride » 21 Dec 2016, 07:58

Has running multiple clients suddenly stopped working for anybody else in the latest releases? The 2nd instances in the 2nd folder does not open and brings the already running client to the front. Running Windows 7.
caseymcbride

Postby Shoran Support » 21 Dec 2016, 13:09

Works fine here; nothing has changed regarding this feature. Have you tried to do a clean installation of both clients? Also make sure that the clients run on different ports.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby caseymcbride » 09 Aug 2017, 21:28

I have 4 clients running perfectly through the applications. How can I run each as a separate Windows service?
caseymcbride

Postby Shoran Support » 09 Aug 2017, 21:47

That's not (yet) possible.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to General discussions