Post Render Jobs

Post your messages that do not fit in the other rooms here.

Post Render Jobs

Postby FlorianAst » 17 Feb 2014, 10:43

Hi there,

I read the manual for the scripting part und saw that it is possible to change the PostRender callbacks. My intention is to write a script (all ready finished) which create a H264 via ffmpeg after a special write node of a nuke renderer finished rendering (in my case the one with the name "PREVIEW"). But I don't really know where to start.

1.) Will the server run the script and ffmpeg or the client?
2.) Is there an example script to see how it will be implemented in RenderPal?
3.) Does RenderPal have its own compiler or do I have to install a seperate python version?

An onther problem is, that I really like to define my one flag for the submission to RenderPal. In an adjusted GUI (in nuke), I allready implemented, I would like to add a checkbox for the server upload. This should create a flag e.g. -nj_upload. When this flag is submitted the above mentioned post render script should be run. Afterwards an additional script should upload the h264 to our Server.

4.) How can I "create" such a new flag that RenderPal will understand? (the inplementation in the submission script isnot the problem)

thanks a lot
Florian
Florian Ast – VFX Compositor und Compositing TD
--------------------------------------------------------------
CinePostproduction GmbH - Niederlassung Geyer Berlin
Harzer Straße 39 | 12059 Berlin

www.cinepostproduction.de
FlorianAst

Re: Post Render Jobs

Postby Shoran Support » 17 Feb 2014, 15:13

You should write a net job post event for this and not override any renderer callback. This way, you can also decide whether the client or the server should execute your script. There is no need for an external Python installation. Our manual should contain everything you need to know about net job events, so you should read the corresponding sections first.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to General discussions