Maya rendering question

Post your messages that do not fit in the other rooms here.

Maya rendering question

Postby DH88 » 07 Sep 2015, 17:42

Hi guys ,

one RenderPal there is a lot to to take it in before one takes the plunge in setting it all up. one main thing i am un lcear about is what to expect from render-farming, with Maya and After FX and nuke as my proposed main uses.

So for example -When rendering with Rpv2, one image with say 3 computers, will Rpv2 split the one image equally across all computers resulting in the quickest render time, or is Rpv2 only able to do one frame per computer and thus is only really viable when do animations with multiple frames.

I am looking for a system/workflow where I can increase the single frame render time as to perfect the scene using more than one computer , once the look is dialed in correctly then having each computer render in the mannor of one frame to one computer doesn't matter as all the computers will be used.

Many thanks
James
DH88

Re: Maya rendering question

Postby Shoran Support » 07 Sep 2015, 19:03

RenderPal itself has nothing at all to do with the rendering process. RenderPal can split a single frame into several pieces and distribute them separately, but the renderer has to actually support this feature, which only a few do. Maya does support it, AE and Nuke don't (and there is nothing RenderPal could do about this).
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Re: Maya rendering question

Postby DH88 » 09 Sep 2015, 19:03

OK thanks! it seems mental ray has this feature built in.
DH88

Return to General discussions