Changing render settings on multiple jobs

Post your messages that do not fit in the other rooms here.

Changing render settings on multiple jobs

Postby RicoHolmes » 09 Nov 2015, 09:41

Am I missing something, or is it really not possible to edit render settings on multiple jobs once submitted ?

Having to individually go through 40+ jobs to edit render settings individually is, frankly, a pain in the arse. I must be doing something wrong.

Also a wishlist thing: Can we have a checkbox on render settings to be included in the overview ? There's no way to see an overview of what jobs have, say, a max sample level of xxx
RicoHolmes

Re: Changing render settings on multiple jobs

Postby Shoran Support » 09 Nov 2015, 13:43

Yes you must be missing something. Select the jobs and click on Edit job... that‘s it.

To make a certain setting appear in the net job info pane, edit the renderer parameter using the renderer management; there, you can check an option to show the setting in the info pane. So no need to wish for this, it is already there.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby RicoHolmes » 09 Nov 2015, 14:36

Ah I almost got excited there (possibly still a mistake on my part)

What I meant more specifically was:
1) To be able to see custom renderer parameters as a column so we can see an overview of what scenes have x parameter set.

2) To be able to edit custom renderer parameters in "edit job" (yes we can change standard settings, but as I see it no way to edit custom parameters).

eg using VrayStandalone GPU with RT sample per pixel (-rtSampleLevel) generally set to 25 for draft, 2000 for preview and 20000 for finals.
There's no way of telling in the (jobs) queue/overview what level they're set. Individually yes, but not in overview.
RicoHolmes

Postby Shoran Support » 09 Nov 2015, 17:40

We will consider 1); as for 2), all parameters are edited in the render settings, and if you want to edit those of several jobs at once, you're lost - so we will see if we can do something about this in a future update.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby RicoHolmes » 09 Nov 2015, 21:29

thank you
RicoHolmes

Return to General discussions