Pool Scheduling

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!

Pool Scheduling

Postby kbiggers » 02 Jun 2015, 21:16

Hello,

I have been playing around with pool scheduling in RenderPal and i just had a question about how to correctly set that up? So the setup i have is ~20 computers are always available for rendering and i have them in a pool called "Render Slaves" this pool is scheduled to be available 24/7. I also have ~45 computers that are manned during the day but available for rendering from 5pm to 7am. I have these computers in a pool called "Manned Computers" and have it available for rendering from 5pm to 7am. Currently when we submit jobs we just submit them to both the "Render Slaves" and "Manned Computers" pools. The "Render Slaves" pool starts right away and the rest start at 5 when they become available.

I was just wondering if there was any way to consolidate them into one single pool so that we don't have to submit to two different pools every time we submit. For example is there a way that we could submit to "Default Pool" but have it still retain the scheduling for computers from both of the other pools?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
kbiggers

Re: Pool Scheduling

Postby Shoran Support » 02 Jun 2015, 21:23

Use client scheduling to achieve this.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby kbiggers » 02 Jun 2015, 21:33

Thanks for the fast reply!

I realize that client scheduling is an option, i was just wondering if there was any way to do this on a pool level? Our computers often move around so sometimes a once "Render Slave" computer will become a "Manned Computer" or vice versa, it would be a pain to have to change each client schedule every time its status changes.

Thanks again,
kbiggers

Postby Shoran Support » 02 Jun 2015, 21:52

Pools are completely independent of each other, so are their schedules.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to Support