Default Submitter Name Format : $(user)

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!

Default Submitter Name Format : $(user)

Postby eqko » 12 Aug 2015, 09:34

So with our computers getting generic names it would be nice to see who actually submitted the job.
I noticed the $(User) variable, but I'm not quite sure how to use that.

if I choose that, all I get upon submitting is User.
I figured out I can set it manually in ../cmdRC/RpRcCmd.conf (where userName was set to User),
but my guess is that info can be set somewhere in an interface (either client, server or remote controller ?)
eqko

Re: Default Submitter Name Format : $(user)

Postby Shoran Support » 12 Aug 2015, 22:04

The net job list contains a column Submitted by; it will always show the RenderPal account used to submit the job ($(User) works the same way). If you need to know who submitted which job, create a user account for each user.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby eqko » 14 Aug 2015, 09:26

I have created acount per user (to allow permissions control, nice going there).

Am I correct in assuming that the way you sign in with the Remote Controller is where $(user) get's set and fills in the user/pass in the RpRcCMD.conf ?

It could be the error is on my part, but I thought I had signed in every user in RemoteController with their own user/pass. Might be I didn't if above is the case ...
eqko

Postby Shoran Support » 14 Aug 2015, 17:51

That is pretty much correct, yes. $(user) simply stands for the RenderPal user (and has nothing to do with the system user).
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to Support