Modo renderer dropping a lot of frames

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!

Modo renderer dropping a lot of frames

Postby NicebergStudios » 14 Sep 2016, 09:42

Hello,

We have a slight problem with our renderfarm.

Currently we have a farm of 40 render nodes, running RenderPal 2.12.3.1834 and Modo 901 SP3. When we submit jobs, we often have a lot of frames that are not rendered. It seems to fail when saving, but it also seems like the Modo command line starts rendering without the scene being fully loaded.

Some nodes display erratic behaviour sometimes. It will render good frames on one job, and will not output anything the next.

Now, I don't know if the problem lies in our network ( which is under considerable strain ), the Modo command line renderer ( which wouldn't surprise me at all... ) or maybe some setting we missed or a bug in RenderPal. We don't get error outputs when this happens, so we can't find anything in the render logs. We try to balance our network load but I can't say I really notice a difference. We use a core start delay of about 20 second, but it seems like every node still starts at the same time, and saves at the same time, too.

Have you ever come across this issue? Is there anything we can output that might reveal where things go wrong?
NicebergStudios

Re: Modo renderer dropping a lot of frames

Postby Shoran Support » 22 Sep 2016, 14:31

This is most likely a Modo problem, so you should contact them directly, as we can't help here.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to Support