Cache not clearing when job is erroneous

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!

Cache not clearing when job is erroneous

Postby rvagner » 02 Nov 2016, 11:44

Hello,

I recently came across a problem: it seems that RenderPal's cache is not always cleared when a job is erroneous.
This is problematic when the error comes from the cached scene, because when a user launches a new job using the same scene (after fixing it), RenderPal does not re-cache it, and the result still ends up being erroneous.
I have checked the box "Flush cached scene when a job is finished" in the Scene Caching parameters, but the problem persists.

After searching around on some of the machines in the render farm, I found out that sometimes the number of entries in the SceneCache.xss file (e.g. 3) does not match with the number of files in the cache folder (e.g. 12).

Is there any way to make it so that the superfluous files in the Cache folder (by that I mean the ones that aren't in the SceneCache.xss file) are automatically removed ?
rvagner

Re: Cache not clearing when job is erroneous

Postby Shoran Support » 02 Nov 2016, 15:31

The next version will include an option to also flush scenes for erroneous jobs.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby rvagner » 02 Nov 2016, 17:22

Great, thanks for the info !
rvagner

Postby rvagner » 15 Dec 2016, 12:34

Hello again,

I thought it best to post on this thread instead of making a new one, since this is related.
After having tested the new feature, I found out that if a specific chunk of a job is erroneous, the job as a whole does not become "Erroneous" but rather "Unfinished", and it would seem that in this particular case, the cache is not flushed.
Is there any way to flush scenes for erroneous chunks instead of jobs ?
If not, maybe just to flush scenes for an "Unfinished" job ?

Thanks in advance !
rvagner

Postby Shoran Support » 15 Dec 2016, 13:07

We'll consider this.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to Support