RpPyQuery not retrieving chunk list

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!

RpPyQuery not retrieving chunk list

Postby colingimenez » 14 Dec 2016, 20:56

Hello,

I've encountered an issue when trying to retrieve a list of Chunks from the RpQuery object in the RpPyQuery package. Any time I try to query a job or multiple jobs for their chunks, it returns a list with a single Chunk object, typically representing the first chunk. I believe I have found the reason for this, and it seems to be because the command "RpRcCmd.exe -compact -query chunks:<job_id>" returns each NetJobChunk element where the id attribute is the Job ID and not the Chunk ID. The ChunkID element, however, has the correct Chunk ID. Is there something I need to do so that RpRcCmd.exe returns the NetJobChunk elements with the Chunk ID as the id attribute instead of the Job ID? Also, I see in the __getObjectsEx() private method that it will loop the given idList argument to create a list of objectNode objects. If a single ID of a Job is passed in, then it will only return a list with a single Chunk object. Is there something here that I'm not understanding correctly?

Thanks!
colingimenez

Re: RpPyQuery not retrieving chunk list

Postby Shoran Support » 15 Dec 2016, 13:06

Take a look at Example.py, especially at example #3; this shows how to get the chunks of a net job.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Re: RpPyQuery not retrieving chunk list

Postby colingimenez » 15 Dec 2016, 18:31

So, I can get the chunk list through getAllNetJobs(True) and getNetJob(True), but is there no way to get just the list of chunks with getNetJobChunksForJob() and a given Job ID?
colingimenez

Return to Support