Installation with a manager

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!
Post Reply
Dankof
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 11:12

Installation with a manager

Post by Dankof » 22 Jul 2017, 11:32

Hi all,

First of all thank you for taking your time :D

I have a problem to configure the installation of the nodes I have, I'm going to explain the process i've followed to check if it was wrong.

Sutff:.
- 1 pc (Windows 10). This is what I use to create the projects. (Maya for ex) | RenderPal controller and submitter installed.
- 1 pc (Windows 10). I used it like a "manager pc". No software 3d installed | RenderPal server installed.
- 3 nodes (windows 10). Nodes for render. (All requeired softwares installed) | RenderPal Client installed.

My issue is when I try to configure remotely the clinets (nodes) via server (manager). I've created a poll what manages all my nodes (3). So when I try to add the path to render scene (MAya), not sure what Path it is, cause in the pc I've installed the server pal I don't have any software 3d installed. So this is the step I've lost. Help¿?

Thank you! :)

User avatar
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team
Posts: 1199
Joined: 11 Apr 2008, 00:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Shoran Support » 22 Jul 2017, 12:15

You have to use a path that the clients can actually see. This usually is some kind of mapped network drive.

Dankof
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 11:12

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Dankof » 22 Jul 2017, 13:25

Shoran Support wrote:You have to use a path that the clients can actually see. This usually is some kind of mapped network drive.
Yes, but where? I mean? should I share the folder of one of the node, should I install the program in the manager pc or should I share the folder of the submitter pc?

User avatar
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team
Posts: 1199
Joined: 11 Apr 2008, 00:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Shoran Support » 22 Jul 2017, 19:55

Most users have their files either on the server machine or on a dedicated file server. As long as all clients can access the files under the same path, they can be located on any machine.

Dankof
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 11:12

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Dankof » 24 Jul 2017, 10:34

Shoran Support wrote:Most users have their files either on the server machine or on a dedicated file server. As long as all clients can access the files under the same path, they can be located on any machine.
Not sure to understand, I also forget to mention that I have a dedicated server. Should I have to copy all maya installation to the dedicated server? So that way the nodes could find the "Render.exe". Still can't configure it :(

User avatar
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team
Posts: 1199
Joined: 11 Apr 2008, 00:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Shoran Support » 24 Jul 2017, 11:53

No. The renderers should be installed locally on each render node, and each node has to be configured to use their local installation for rendering.

Dankof
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 11:12

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Dankof » 24 Jul 2017, 14:30

Shoran Support wrote:No. The renderers should be installed locally on each render node, and each node has to be configured to use their local installation for rendering.
Ok think I got it, but the problem now is that I cant connect with my node, it is always disconnected, all ips are setting and do not know why :(

Dankof
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 11:12

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Dankof » 24 Jul 2017, 16:13

Dankof wrote:
Shoran Support wrote:No. The renderers should be installed locally on each render node, and each node has to be configured to use their local installation for rendering.
Ok think I got it, but the problem now is that I cant connect with my node, it is always disconnected, all ips are setting and do not know why :(
The process to set the path, it get me failed. Do not found clients. Should I open ports or something else? Thank you

User avatar
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team
Posts: 1199
Joined: 11 Apr 2008, 00:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Installation with a manager

Post by Shoran Support » 27 Jul 2017, 20:40

You should take a look at our installation & setup tutorial. Your problems and descriptions are too generic for us to be able to help you.

Post Reply