Redshift: Made the GPU list splittable

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!

Postby bart » 09 May 2018, 16:54

We are switching from vray to redshift for most jobs. Deadline offers distributing redshift renders over multiple gpu's, it would be nice if this would also be possible with RenderPal. When reading the changelog I came across this line:
Is there a discription somewhere how this works?
I am hoping it allows us to set the "parralel renderings count per client" based on the number of GPU's in stead of CPU cores. (i.e. one chunck per GPU)

Thanks,
Bart
bart

Re: Redshift: Made the GPU list splittable

Postby Shoran Support » 10 May 2018, 18:23

For Redshift, you can specify a list of GPUs to use; this list can be split effectively enabling you to render multiple chunks in parallel on these GPUs. The parallel core count specifies the number of parallel renderings on a single client; entering 0 will always use the CPU core count, not the GPU count.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby bart » 14 May 2018, 11:14

I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying here.
What options should i check if I have 2 GPU's in my rendernode and I want to use GPU-1 for frame 1 and GPU-2 for frame 2 at the same time?
From your answer I should set "parralel renderings count per client" to 2 as I want 2 simultaneous renders but what else?

2018-05-14 10_51_30-RenderPal V2 Submitter 2.15.1.png

When you say you can specify a list of GPUs to use, is that where it says "GPU Devices" in the picture? If so, how do I split? I can only enter a single digit.
splitting.png

When I look at the job in the server interface there is also a additional splitting option I could not find in the submitter. Should I just Check GPU-Devices and that's it?

It's a bit unclear for me at the moment.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bart

Postby Shoran Support » 15 May 2018, 11:43

You have to enter all GPUs you want to use in the render settings, e.g.
Code: Select all
0;1
and then check the additional splitting parameter as well.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Return to Support