Improvements

If you have some new ideas or any other kind of suggestions, post them here!

Improvements

Postby eqko » 02 Nov 2015, 12:55

so A couple of things I noticed when finally using RP.

first of, I love the control I have over things.

That said, when using RenderPal submitter with the supplied maxscript, for automatic framechecking,
it sets the file to check for filename.#.outputtype so if I set my output in max to 'shot 01_.tif' the check sets it to 'shot 01_.#.tif' this will cause the check to fail, since it should be 'shot 01_####.tif
Would be nice if that get's fixed.

Then it would be very nice if a chunk could show how many frames of the chunk are already done.
perhaps add a x/x total to the status progressbar in the chunklist, not unlike the progress bar in the joblist.
Currently I can't see anywhere how many frames are rendered apart from using the framecheck, which won't
work if I overwrite a previously rendered animation. Or I am missing something
eqko

Re: Improvements

Postby eqko » 04 Nov 2015, 18:41

So after using and configuring it some more,

it would be cherry on the cake if the netjob filters could be sorted alphabetically.
I have set up filters so I can filter per user but they are in order of creation, making it
cumbersome to find the person I'm looking for.

as said, would be a nice bonus

*edit* and one second after posting I find out you can drag the order in the edit viewfilters window :oops: *
eqko

Postby eqko » 04 Dec 2015, 12:07

It would be nice if we could have an extra column in the Client overview to see the Clients free disc space on C:\
eqko

Postby eqko » 13 Jan 2016, 12:32

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to add the project column to the Remote Server view as well ?
It would be benificial for us to see which client is rendering on which project at a fast glance.
eqko

Postby Shoran Support » 16 Jan 2016, 01:04

Adding a Project column is no problem; the column showing the free space on C: really is too special.
Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Postby eqko » 20 Jan 2016, 14:24

Cool about the project column in the clients area.

about the C free space, is that special as in hard to code or for another reason ?

as an example, we have a few scenes using body objects that for some reason fill up the tempfolder with rather large file for each frame it's rendering ...
so in no time at all, that particular job grinds to a halt because vray is continuously swapping in and out of virtual memory
(still haven't found out WHY the tempfiles get created but thats another issue)

for this scenario, it would be nice to see if C:\ is filling up, so I can execute a bat that cleans up the tempfolder.
eqko

Return to Feedback