Blender stops rendering

If you are seeking for help, this is the right place to ask!
dbassix

Blender stops rendering

Post by dbassix » 15 Nov 2018, 09:13

Hi,

we have a Problem with the Blender Renderer for a while now. When starting a Job for the first time, all seems to be ok, Rendering is fine. But if we cancel a netjob and restart it after a while, the render Clients suddenly stop rendering. You can see it in the logs, that they just do nothing, CPU Load drops down to 0%.

We have to reboot the Clients and then everything is fine until you cancel the next Job.

Any suggestions on this?

Shoran Support
RenderPal Team

Re: Blender stops rendering

Post by Shoran Support » 15 Nov 2018, 12:53

This sounds like Blender has some issues when it gets shut down forcefully, as happens when you cancel a job. Reasons could be temporary files, ports or other resources being left open, for example. As this is a problem with Blender, we can't do anything about it (there is technically no way for RenderPal to gracefully cancel a job). Keep in mind that RenderPal only starts Blender and has nothing to do with the rendering itself at all.

dbassix

Post by dbassix » 15 Nov 2018, 19:08

I thought sbout this aswell, but when starting a blender render from commandline on the client everything is fine. You can cancel the rendertask (alt + f4) and start it again without any issues.

rooftop

Post by rooftop » 21 Jul 2019, 22:46

Hi there, I've recently started rendering in Blender as opposed to Maya and I'm having the same issue as the original poster.

The only solution I've found so far is to shutdown the RenderPal client and start it up again. So not rebooting the machine, just the client app.

So, I'm not too sure where the problem actually is, it certainly is weird.